CADDAC is pleased to announce our 6th annual ADHD Conference, hosted in affiliation with BC Children’s Hospital ADHD Clinic. The conference will be taking place at BC Children’s Hospital Chan Centre for Family Health Education, located in Vancouver, British Columbia. This years conference will be geared to parents, educators, adults with ADHD and their families, and medical professionals.
We are fortunate enough to have booked a roster of incredible speakers, including world renowned researcher, author and educator, Dr. Russell Barkley. Other featured speakers include: Gina Pera, author of “Is It You, Me or Adult A.D.D.?”, Dr. Adele Diamond, the Canada Research Chair Professor of Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience in Psychiatry at the University of British Columbia, Dr. Shimi Kang, Medical Director for Child and Youth Mental Health for Vancouver community, Dr. Donald Duncan, Clinical Director of the BC Interior ADHD Clinic, Dr. Jake Locke, Child Psychiatrist and associate professor at UBC, and Heidi Bernhardt, Founder and President of CADDAC.
Topics that will be covered include:
- ADHD: Essential Ideas You Need to Know
- Self-Regulation, and Executive Functioning Theory and Implications for Management
- The Importance of Emotion in Understanding and Managing ADHD
- The Other Attention Disorder: Sluggish Cognitive Tempo (or ADD) versus ADHD
- Adult ADHD: Real-World Explanations and Strategies
- The ADHD child: the impact of parenting styles and free play
- ODD: Your parenting is likely not the problem
- Mindfulness for parents and caregivers
- Strategies and Activities for Aiding the Development of Executive Functions
- All in The Family: the impact ADHD on families
- Collaborative and Proactive Solutions: When kids don’t respond to typical parenting
- ADHD in the Workplace
Please come and join us for this phenomenal ADHD educational event.
As with all of our events, CADDAC members receive a 10% discount on all of our educational events.